HOW IT’S MADE
Policy key definitions:
• “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, [Eva-Last® Distributors & other trading names].
• “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website or service.
• GDPR means General Data Protection Regulation.
• PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
• ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
• PoPI means Protection of personal information act of South Africa
• Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Eva-Last® Distributors collects information on:
• Visitors to our websites.
• Clients who use our services.
• Job applicants, current and former employees.
• The customers who use our clients’ services.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
• the right to be informed;
• the right of access;
• the right to rectification;
• the right to erasure;
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to data portability;
• the right to object; and
• the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data. We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Unless you voluntarily submit your information to us by completing the enquiry form, use our online services, or provide your information through phone or a paper-based method, we will be unable to personally identify you. The personal data we collect when available includes your:
• E-mail address.
• Telephone number.
• Other data that could directly or indirectly identify you.
Visitors to our websites
Third party services, such as Google Analytics (opt out here), are used to collect standard internet activity information and compile reports using details of visitor behaviour to improve our Eva-Last® Distributors websites. We also utilise WordPress.com, which is run by Automattic Inc,to publish our websites. These third parties may collect anonymous information about our site visitors. This information is used to improve our research and marketing decisions and may include:
• The pages you visit.
• How long you spend on each page.
• How you got to the site.
• What you click on while youare visiting our site.
By using an Eva-Last® Distributors website, you agree for cookies to be placed on your computer hard drive. A cookie is a small file allowing web applications to respond to you as an individual. Cookies are used to tailor websites to your needs, for analysis, marketing and remarketing purposes. Enabling cookies will help us better serve you as a customer and improve your user experience.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. The best way to prevent Eva-Last® websites, or any other website from using cookies is to opt out of these services. Find out more about the EU cookie law here and CCPA here.
Security and performance
Security services process the IP addresses of visitors to the Eva-Last® Distributors websites, and these third-partyservices maintain the security and performance of the Eva-Last® websites.
People who contact us
When you contact us at Eva-Last® Distributors, we have a responsibility to ensure that contact is indeed received by us and within the bounds of the law. We may collect details such as your name, phone number or other contact information,and request other identifiable information in order to:
• Improve our efficiency and effectiveness in responding to your enquiry.
• Analyse security and compliance, and/or monitor or block any threats, viruses, etc. using third-party software.
Please note that inbound calls can be recorded and e-mails may be retained for future responses.
People who log a complaint
When we at Eva-Last® Distributors receive a complaint, we create a file containing the details of that complaint. This normally contains the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint. We use this information to process the complaint and to evaluate the level of service we provide. We reserve the right to publish statistics showing information like the number of complaints we receive, but not in a form which identifies any specific complainant. In most cases, we will need to disclose the complainant’s identity to all relevant parties, including the individual or third-party who is the subject of the complaint.
We will do our utmost to respect the anonymity of the complainant, if the complainant expressly states that they do not wish to have their identity revealed. However, handling complaints on an anonymous basis may hinder our ability to find a resolution. Therefore, we cannot guarantee anonymity. All complaints are filed and retained for up to two years, and will be given to relevant parties on a need-to-know basis only.
In the event that we at Eva-Last® Distributors must take enforcement action against someone, we may publish the identity of the defendant in our Annual Report or elsewhere. Typically we do not identify any complainant unless the details have already been made public.
People who use Eva-Last® Distributors services
Eva-Last® Distributors offers various services and retains the details of the people who have requested services in order to provide the best possible service for them.
This information may be given to third parties, but only those third parties whose work will directly improve the customer experience for current or future Eva-Last® Distributors customers. For example, the e-mail address of someone who contacts Eva-Last® Distributors could be used by a third-party in order to reach that same person, and provide them with the service requested by that person.
Access to personal information
Eva-Last® Distributors aims to provide individuals open and transparent access to the information on file which pertains to them. Individuals can learn if Eva-Last® Distributors holds any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998, GDPR or similar local laws. If we do hold information about that individual, we will:
• Provide them with a description of the information.
• Provide an explanation to them about why we are holding it.
• Inform them of anyone else to whom the information may have been disclosed.
• Allow them to obtain a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request for any personal information Eva-Last® Distributors may hold, send a written request. Alternatively, with your consent, we may be able to provide an overview of the personal information we have on file for you over the telephone or in-person.
Retention and right to be forgotten
If you have previously agreed to allow us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us directly.
We may retain information for all active clients and site visitors until a request for deletion or anonymisation has been received. We may continue to retain personal information even after such a request is received in the event of:
• An unresolved issue on the account (such as an unpaid invoice).
• Genuine business interests, including fraud prevention.
• Requirement by relevant laws.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or are required by law to do so. If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please e-mail email@example.com to correct this.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 28 May 2020.
How to contact us
Eva-Last® Distributors, Plot 84, Short Street, Rietfontein, Muldersdrift, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1747
You can request a full copy of our terms and conditions by contacting us by phone, e-mail, in-person or through our website. Please note from these terms, conditions and policies you may not:
• Reproduce or redistribute the content (other than as allowed under these terms and conditions), modify or in any way commercially exploit any of the content belonging to Eva-Last® Distributors without written permission from Eva-Last® Distributors.
• Remove the copyright or trademark notice(s) from any content.
• Harvest information, datamine,or create a database by downloading and storing all or any of the content, or scrape Eva-Last® Distributors websites with any tool including robotic, automated or virtual systems.
• Make any commercial or business use of the services, resell, or commercially benefit from any part or aspect of the services without written permission from Eva-Last® Distributors.
• Link to any page other than the homepage from any external or source reference.
• Hold Eva-Last® Distributors responsible for the results or consequences of your actions upon taking any of the advice shared by us. We do not accept any responsibility for the result of link clicks to any external sources on this website, or e-mails sent by us.
In accessing our services, you are given a limited license to use our Eva-Last® websites. This limited license can be cancelled for any reason deemed sufficient by Eva-Last® Distributors, and at any time. If the terms of this website are not adhered to, your license may be automatically cancelled and cannot be used or reinstated without written permission from Eva-Last® Distributors.
Resources & further information
FIND OUT MORE
Eva-Last® is a globally recognised and trusted brand that sells and distributes a specialised co-extruded wood-composite range.